Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bonding at the Bench Press

I can completely relate to this article... Bonding at the Bench Press If I told some of my clients from the start that we would probably become really good friends through our training time together, they might be a little hesitant (although, some might be thrilled from the get-go to have a friend in the strange land that is the gym!). Training can be a very vulnerable and open time for both trainer and trainee. We are working through insecurities you have about your health and fitness, your love handles or your stress-eating habits. These are sometimes not easy things to face. The only reason I can get my clients through this is because I have faced them too! I put myself out on the line with my clients and tell them my struggles too in hopes that it helps them get through theirs. So, training- amidst the sweat and hard work (yes, I am a VERY tough trainer)- is also part therapy. And my favorite part of my "job", if I can even call it that, is that I learn from my clients daily. Training becomes a deep and meaningful friendship. How many friendships also leave you healthier, more fit, and feeling 100% better about your body after every meeting? I am honored to call my clients life-long friends.

No comments: